Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to me - My anti-aging secret

Today is my birthday and I am 29 (again)!!  While we can't turn back the hands of time, we can take simple steps to reverse the aging process.  Those that know me know that I do not wear make-up, so what you see is what you get.  I am often asked "What do you use on your face?"  The answer is quite simple, just soap and water.  When it is time to exfoliate, I simply whip up a batch of my secret ingredients and create a facial scrub.  Then, I use the remaining product (with a slight modification) for a body scrub.  I do not recommend making a large batch and saving, use the product the same day you make it.

Here is the recipe, you may have everything on hand already.  I would love for you to try it and provide your feedback.

KK's Facial Scrub

1 Green Tea Bag
Boiling water
Sugar
Honey (I use the honey packets from fast food places)

1. Place the teabag into a mug, fill with boiling water, and let it steep.
2. Add a few tablespoons of sugar into a plastic bowl, add the tea, and stir until it makes a paste.
3. Add the packet of honey to the paste.
4. Once the mixture has cooled, apply to your face, scrubbing lightly in circular motion.
5. Pay special attention to the areas that have blemished and are prone to breakouts.
6. Splash your face with cold water and then pat your face with a towel to dry.

Any product remaining in the bowl can be combined with the rest of the tea and used as a body scrub.  I generally add more sugar to create a paste.  Then, I add my shower gel and some olive oil to the mix as well.  I use this on my daughter that has eczema (sans the shower gel) and it really cools and softens her skin.  The body scrub works wonders on dry and rough areas.  Try it on your knees, elbows, hands, and feet and see if you don't notice a difference right away.

This is my birthday gift to you, Enjoy!

As always, thanks for KeepinUpWKaren.  Until next time!

~K

1 comment: