Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Champ Goes to Middle School


May 2011 marked the end of an era.  My youngest completed 5th grade -- no more Elementary School for us.  As the Summer went on, I noticed that Champ was growing and changing in so many ways.  I had no choice but to prepare to let him go off to Middle School.

Champ is my sidekick, we are attached at the hip.  I am not sure if it was the attachment parenting classes that I took or what, but I wanted to hold on to his childhood forever.  When he was born, my oldest was 14 and the middle child was 12.  They had already become self-sufficient.  I really needed this baby in my life!  We [purposely] built a house with his Elementary School in our back yard.  This made it easy for me to go over during the day and check in on things, volunteer, have lunch, the list goes on.

Well now my baby is no more. He is a young man and he makes me proud of him each day.  I know that he will do great in Middle School, I am just trying to come to terms with the fact that mom's should not have lunch with their Middle Schooler's.  Yes, this is truly and end to an era.

Good luck Champ and mommy is here should you need me!

Thanks for KeepinUpWKaren, until next time.
~K

No comments:

Post a Comment